Aug 18, 2016

Exploring Seoul: Cool Beer Edition

Planning my trip to Korea, I never thought I would end up on a hunt for cool and different beers around Seoul. But when I randomly found out about whipped cream beer, I became really intrigued to find what other beer creations Korea had to offer. So my beer adventures began...


Whipped Cream Beer

Place: Chir Chir Fusion Chicken FactoryAddress: Myeongdong 8ga-gil, humgmuro 2(i)-ga, Jung-gu, Seoul


At every Chir Chir in Seoul, they have chimaek, which is basically chicken and beer. But I only found this kind of beer (topped with whipped cream) in Myeongdong. It was pretty good only because I ate the whipped cream separately before drinking the beer, which itself was not bad either. I say this because my first experience at a Chir Chir was in Sinchon, and the beer there was pretty watered down and the foam died after 2 seconds :(, but this one had a decent taste according to me haha....

whipped, cream, beer, chimaek, chicken, korea, seoul, myeongdong, chir chir

Line's Brown Bear Beer

Place: Line Friends Store & Cafe 
Address: Itaewon

I was very surprised to find out that the Line Cafe at Itaewon served beer. They had a meal set specially for the "Brown Brewery" Beer, which included 5 pieces of sausage along with the beer. I think they also had a set with their signature burger too. Overall it was pretty good, although I don't think I would choose to go get beer at Line more than the food or ice cream.

line, friends, store, cafe, itaewon, seoul, korea, beer, sausage, brown, bear, kakao

Frozen Foam Beer

Place: Izakaya Bar
Address: Hongdae

This "whipped cream" beer was a little deceiving because it wasn't actually whipped cream, it was more like frozen beer foam on top of the beer. It simply tasted like frozen beer foam. That's all I have to say.

whipped, cream, foam, beer, izakaya, hongdar, hapcheong, seoul, korea, cool, pub

Lightbulb Beer (Hongdae)


light, bulb, beer, hongdae, seoul, korea,

Hand Steak Beer

Place: W Hand Steak
Address: 28, 23-gil Yanghwa-ro, Seogyo-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul

At W Hand Steak, they have different beverage options such as tea, orange juice, and beer, to go along with different steak options which include the meat, cheese sauce, veggies, and rice at the bottom of the little tray. It was really good but super filling because the cup was huge >.<

w hand steak, shrimp, steak, beer, gallon, hongdae, hapcheong,


Cotton Candy Beer

Place: Pub Passe
Address: Exit 1, Sadang Station: Line 2, Seoul

It was really hard to drink this beer with the cotton candy on the way. So I just got rid of it and drank the beer by itself. Honestly, I just didn't want to try beer with sugar mixed in...

pub passe, pub, beer, cotton, candy, foam, chicken, chimaek, chimek, seoul, food,


Beer Ice Cream Pop

Place: Molly's Pops
Address: Eoulmadang-ro, Seogyo-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul

At Molly's Pops, they have a lot of different unique flavors such as wasabi, cheese, and a variety of alcoholic drink flavors like beer, wine, makgeolli, and champagne. One of my favorite ones was raspberry champagne, and the most surprising one was wasabi because it literally tasted like a bar of frozen wasabi. But apart from that, I would recommend this place not only because of the unique flavors but also because of their fruity pops which have natural ingredients, and are homemade. (note: I don't really have much to say about the beer pop; not sure it tasted much like beer...)


erdinger, beer, ice cream, pops, wasabi, mollys pops, hongdae, wine, champagne, kalhua, makgeolli, seoul,

Beer Body Wash

Place: Aritaum

Aritaum is a beauty and make up store that can be found at every shopping street in Seoul. They have really good quality eye shadows and are fairly cheap. But what I found interesting was their beer body wash. They had different scents such as lemon, coffee, and grapefruit; and they also came in two sizes, a teeny sample one and the regular sized shown below.

aritaum, beer body wash

Convenient Beer

GS 25 Convenience Store
 (Sinchon)

This beer includes peanuts in its packaging. Pretty neat huh?


It was pretty fun exploring Korean beer and finding all these different kinds and forms of beer, but I do have to say that there were a lot of places where the beer did not meet my expectations simply because it was pretty much watered down draft beer. And I also have to say that, from this trip, my favorite one overall was not even in Korea, it was the beer I had in Tokyo at a gyoza restaurant near Asakusa Temple. LOL

asahi, beer, tokyo, japan, asakusa, gyoza

Anyways, hope you enjoyed this blog and thank you for visiting my blog!
Mayu :)

No comments:

Post a Comment