Jun 18, 2014

How to make a Layered Smoothie or Milkshake

strawberries, bananas, fruit, strawberry, honey, oats, soymilk, protein, sugar, carbohydrates, nuts, nature, mason jar, jar, aladdin jar, instagram, vsco, mayu girl, recipe, healthy, appetite, food, vegan, natural, diet, skinny

This was my first attempt doing a layers smoothie, and it actually came out pretty good. I didn't use any recipe or anything, I just went with my instincts and hoped for the best. But I will list everything that I used and how I did it. 

Ingredients: 
1 cup of soymilk
1/2 cup of plain oats
1/2 banana 
4 strawberries
1 tbsp honey or sugar (optional)

Steps: 
1. Blend half a cup of milk, oats, and banana. (Pineapple is optional for color)
2. Pour everything in cup or jar. 
3. Blend the rest of the milk, oats, and strawberries. (Beet is optional for color)
4. Pour on top of banana milkshake. 
5. Decorate with a strawberry. 

Don't worry about how the milkshake will taste with the beet because you cannot even tanste it since you only need a small piece of it to give a lot of color (they are really pigmented and stain a lot!). 

I hope you enjoyed my original recipe for making a layered smoothie or milkshake. If you make one, please tag me and/or hashtag #mayugirl so that I can see how yours came out!
 Love, Mayu Girl

For more;
Instagram: @mayugirl1
Twitter: @mayugirl1




No comments:

Post a Comment