Jun 26, 2013

Life Decisions - Choosing Wisely

Every once in awhile, we have to deal with really tough decisions. Such as, choosing a college, a place to live, whom to live with, or whether or not to give everything you have to someone special.


Recently I have bumped into a similar case where I had to choose between two things that were not easy to give up. I wanted them both badly, it was like choosing between chocolate and marshmallows, or shoes and clothes... It seemed impossible for me to come to a decision. So I thought that talking to someone would help me out; and it did. I discovered that I was scared that people would get mad at me, or that I would be pressured by people to do what they wanted me to do. But truth was that I needed to care more about what made me happy and what made me feel more fulfilled. I understood that I was grabbing onto one option because of the fact that I was scared about people's reaction, and I was letting loose the one that I honestly wanted because I thought that if i let go of it, people would support me more. Once I figured this out, I chose the option that truly made me happy. 

Sometimes when you have to make decisions, you may get scared about whether or not it will be a good decision, or if you will regret it. But when it comes to deciding between things that will both make you happy, either way, there is never a wrong path or incorrect decision. If you are confused because you are scared or insecure, speak it out. It helps to figure out why you feel like this. Sometimes you really need to blurt out what you have inside and figure out what it is that is stopping you from making a decision. Also remind yourself that you will always receive support from people who truly matter and care for you and your happiness. Don't mind about those who don't matter. 
"Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
(Bernard Baruch)

So remember, if you bump into a really tough decision:
1. Talk to someone about it.
2. Put yourself first.

3. Figure out which decision will make YOU happier.

Extra tip: Imagine yourself taking one or the other and see which one you picture yourself happiest and without regrets.

Love, Mayu

No comments:

Post a Comment