Jun 5, 2015

Prom at the San Diego Zoo


prom, san diego zoo, san diego, senior dance, animals

san diego zoo, prom, high school

prom, san diego zoo,

Having the prom at the San Diego Zoo was a pretty intimidating idea at the beginning, because many of our class didn't know what to expect and didn't know whether it was going to be worth trying or not. It was definitely hard to imagine having a formal dance in the middle of a zoo and being okay with it not being at a fancy hotel or a ball room. But we eventually learned that the event wasn't as bad as we thought it would be. 

The venue where our prom took place was lighted up with beautiful web type hanging lights and there was heating on the top of several poles between the tables. The temperature was quite nice despite the fact that it was outside in the chilly night. 

We were provided with several services such as an animal show show during the first hour, which I missed; Sky Safari, tables, and table decorations. I think that these aspects contributed to make our prom night a pretty memorable, fun, and unique experience; apart from the typical photo booth, food, and dance, (that we too had) that every typical prom dance has. 

I am grateful that I got to have my prom at a venue that is not so much used or typically used for prom events because it made it ten times more special for my last year of high school. Of course, it wouldn't have meant anything if I hadn't gone with my group of friends, I mean that's the whole point of it. Just to enjoy a fancy last dance with friends that you've made during high school and have fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment